Monday, July 21, 2008

AIOP follow up

I spoke to the curator of AIOP today, who recommended we "think BIG" for our October performance.

Thinking about sweeping ALL of 14th street, en mass, with up to hundreds of helpers.
He seemed very open and communicated clearly he loved our proposal.
Seemed like a great way to start the day, with that phone call.

So now I'm thinking BIG:
what could that mean?
What is our possibility?
I envision hundreds of helpers all sweeping with us, clad with yellow and orange gloves and push brooms, from 1st to 10th avenues.
Where can this energy go from here?
Where else can we dream?
Where else can this energy go?

I can see it.
I know it can happen.
Praxis...

Now that I'm writing it, it is one step closer to filling out its form.

Meeting together on Thursday at my new "studio" will be helpful.
I really like the idea of formulating with more dedication (admittedly, on my part) our next possibility.
See you then, and for many more cleanings coming up before the weather turns again.
A

1 comment:

Amey said...

what about an international sychronized meaning cleaning?

xo Amey